Friday 30 March 2012

Fatherly Advice

Finding computers has proved difficult.  In the blog I am not quite in Logrono, but in real life we are in Carrion De Los Condos.  I will include a record of the events between Logorono and Burgos at a later date,  During this period I was sent to Coventry, had a rant against globalisation, played with a woman from Germany, and hung out with a very charming Italian pilot.

Sitting in the square in Burgos, I look up at the the cathedral and notice a couple of storks arriving to lay down the foundations of their new home.  Each is carrying a large twig to place upon the tower.  The first stork places it on the site of the new nest.  Unfortunately the second stork drops it and it falls into the square below.  (I´m assuming it is the male as it is the sort of thing that I would do)

Rather than castigate her mate, the female gives her mate a stork kiss and is forgiven for his clumbsiness

I am waiting for Tom to arrive from Bilboa.  When he does enter the square, I shout out his name very loudly, run up to him and give him a hug.

Later when we start walking 10km to the next alburge.  I give my son some fatherly advice.

"You are a pilgrim on the road to Santiago and you are not here to follow in the footsteps of a typical British tourist"

I notice he is not wearing a cap or sunscreen

"The shade and water are your friends and a tan is not necessary"

Tom mentions that he has seen wine for less than 1 Euro in the supermarket

"Walking in the sun with a hangover is no fun"

We later have a conversation with two Austrians who have difficulty understanding the scouse version of English.

"Always try and respect your fellow travellers.  When you wake up in the morning leave the dorm quitely and try to avoid making jokes about others"

Later that evening I go to the local bar, get pissed, return to the dorm noisely, and lie on my side so my sunburnt legs don´t touch the bed

No comments:

Post a Comment